Google
 
Web lasereyecorrection.blogspot.com

Friday, September 22, 2006

 
Today was my first trip to the TLC laser centre. First off, I just have to say how friendly every one there was. They really made me feel comfortable while talking about the procedure and completing the various tests and checks on my eyes.
First up, I looked into a machine one eye at a time that had a triangle of red lines in it. This was the machine that actually scanned my eye. The red lines would move around and twist as it took in the surface of my eye.
I blinked a few times, which made us have to start over again, but it was a totally painless process.
I looked in a few other machines, each one performing a different task and measuring a different trait of my eye. After this, I went on to see the optometrist there. She went over my results from the tests, and the results from my exam with my eye doctor.
She put some drops in my eyes and used an instrument to measure the thickness of my cornea, a crucial step as the thickness of your cornea determines whether or not you are a candidate for LASIK at all. She told me that I am a candidate for both LASIK and PRK. I have to decide which process I'd rather have done.
After that, I went and talked with another person who went over my options, the cost of the procedure, filled out some paper work and answered my questions.
All in all, it was a great day, and my procedure is booked for next Thursday. They told me that I will meet the surgeon that day, choose which procedure I would like to have done, and then have my eyes corrected.
They told me the whole process will take between 2 and 3 hours, with only about 20 minutes of actual surgery.
I have to do some more research now to determine which method I would like to use for my eyes.

Comments:
Nice site. Would probably be better if you used a PC to create it though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?